View Single Post
Old May 14, 2012, 08:55 PM   #8
Lost Sheep

Check out Kempfs

Factory Sales seems to have the best prices (on most stuff) and their customer service is sincere, but switched parts on me because they though (incorrectly) that my chosed powder measure would not work on my chosen press. I am sure they would have made it right.

Kempf's knows more about the gear and their kit includes top of the line Lee dies and does not include the manual nor scale. Many people would prefer a scale easier to use (like the RCBS/Ohaus scale). You are going to want to have several manuals. The only extras in the Kempf's kit is the plastic ammo boxes. Sue Kempf is a good person and uses that press herself and knows her stuff. They also will tell you up front if an item has to be backordered.

Kits built around the Classic Turret were rare until a few months ago and the one you linked to seems like a good price, but I have a soft spot for Kempf's, as they were the first (and for a year or more) the only retailer who put together such a kit. And reasonably priced, too.

Lost Sheep

p.s. joshf128, I can't say "I told you so" because I didn't, but if you didn't need a new scale or manual, you missed a good bet on Kempf's if you could have justified adding a caliber or another set of dies to your stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf128
I bought my Lee Classic Turret about a month ago and love it. I bought most of the stuff separately since I already had a scale and manual but this is a good kit.

Page generated in 0.03436 seconds with 8 queries