View Single Post
Old March 8, 2000, 02:03 PM   #1
bergie

Well I finally got to take out my new toy, one of the 5 shot bolt-action Romanian .22 training rifles all the distributors are advertising. A buddy with an ffl ordered it for me at his cost +$10 so I got it for about $75 ( I had him order one from SOG and payed the extra $5 for handpicked-- rifle $49 + $5 + shipping + 10). It took a while to scrape all the cosmoline off and out of it, and it turned out to be in pretty decent shape. Mine was made in '72, bluing is about 95%, stock is okay, the finish is just a little rough but the wood is good, a nice piece of birch(?) with some lines and flake in it.
Starting out at 25 yds, it grouped pretty well, but low. I flip up the 50 leaf, and it is still low, so I flip up the 100 leaf and it is finally getting pretty close. I need to adjust the front post, I will have to devise a tool to do so. The sights are good, nice square notch and a hooded thick post that fills it well. The 3 leaf rear is interesting. It also is machined for scope mounting, and I might put one on it, just to really check out it's accuracy. Most of my shooting was done at about 50 yds, and it grouped pretty good when i held it steady, there was a slight breeze blowing (in NE that means about 20 mph). If anybody wants a nice cheap .22 bolt action for plinking or teaching new shooters I would recommend checking one of these out.
I also took out my Remington 597, my TA-90, and my FP9. A good time was had by all.
Bergie

[This message has been edited by bergie (edited March 08, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02326 seconds with 8 queries