View Single Post
Old December 14, 2005, 09:47 AM   #1
springmom

It's party time again in SE Texas

Ladies and gentlemen, the second rut is ON.

I have been up in the Sam Houston National Forest the last two days (Monday and Tuesday) and good grief! The little yearling does are scampering around all over the place. Of course, they're all about the size of my late German Shepherd. The bucks are being their usual sneaky invisible selves, but I had one sneak up on ME the other day (still don't know where exactly he was) and blew, LOUDLY, three times. Who needs a tree stand when you can levitate 15 feet straight up????

Unfortunately, the healing hip is miserably unhappy today, and so it's a good thing it's raining today. I couldn't get up there and walk the woods if they were lining up saying "shoot ME, shoot ME"! But the cold front comes through tonight.... hee hee.

At least I have finally found a real, honest-to-Pete herd of does to keep an eye on. Not just the odd singleton, but a herd...so I have a target to hunt.

Most important: It's thanks to the hubster that I found them. He found the spot; I just happened to be there at the right time to know the herd is there. So +5 to ArcherandShooter

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.02548 seconds with 8 queries