View Single Post
Old February 13, 2014, 02:45 PM   #1
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Manufactured Bench Rest Shooting Bag

Here's the deal. I enjoy some bench rest shooting occasionally. Just to get out and get some fresh air during the winter is always good. In the past I've bought a caldwell adjustable rest. Basicly all it does is lift the rifles stock to line of sight. Well gents I got tired of its slipping around on a poured cement shooting bench at my gun club. Tried using house carpet under its support legs and still suffered with its ability to slid around. So I thought having a Caldwell Tack Driver Bag would be excellent. Wrong!! Bought one filled from the factory. Its just overly stiff as to the slightest movement on my rifles stock can create a terrible jump in the rifles grouping. But I did take notice of a fellow members bench rest bag.

One that was loaned to me to site in a center fire rifle after its owner noticing my displeasure with my Caldwell Tackdriver one afternoon. It was a rather big typical looking shooting camo cloth double eared bag. Near double the size of my Tackdriver Bag. Floppy kinda of bag that did something my Caldwell couldn't. It would co-laps a little inwards and encompassed the rifles entire forward forearm of stock once the rifle was place in the bags grip. My rifle was indeed held rock steady except for the small amount of movement that the bag allowed its shooter to get on target. I looked at that bags front sides and bottom for a manufactures tag. Couldn't find one. Asked its owner how he came to owning. He bought it use at gun show. Certainly not homemade. One feature I took notice I haven't seen since then on any other's bench rest bags. Its upper ears had a steel rod running the full length along the outer edge of the bags upper ears.. Which purposely tipped inwards to surround the rifle profile creating a pincer type of behavior.

Anyone have a answer to who's the manufacture of that shooter's Bench Rest Bag?

Page generated in 0.02374 seconds with 8 queries