View Single Post
Old December 2, 2008, 01:47 PM   #14
ZeSpectre

I enjoyed CAS for a while but also watched the targets grow larger and closer. The last FOUR matches I attended we gathered up a posse to talk to the range masters and have some of the targets moved BACK because everyone was getting splattered too much and we felt it was a hazard.

Quote:
I read some complaints that CAS is now dominated by people who want to win at any cost and are taking the fun out of it. Sour grapes?
Nope. Create any sport and the the "gamers" will eventually show up to "game the system". It's happened with every sport I've ever seen and I find it immensely disappointing when it becomes about "gaming the rules" not having fun with the game as intended. I simply stopped shooting with the clubs full of "gamers" and found some that were more fun-oriented but those groups have been fading away as the sponsors and such all flock to the super-gamers. Eventually I'd had enough and about all I do these days are set up some targets myself and have at it.

Regardless of all of that, somewhere around here I also have a set of targets that, when printed on 8.5x11 inch paper and placed 9 feet away give you the same "sight picture" you'd have with real targets at a match. Nice for dryfire practice indoors

If I can find the targets I'll put 'em up someplace and post a link.

Last edited by ZeSpectre; December 2, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.04050 seconds with 8 queries