View Single Post
Old September 21, 2013, 01:20 AM   #44
shaunpain

^^^Armed Chicagoan

This is exactly the problem. I am an 11 year resident of the Humboldt Park/Logan Square area and can say without question that the most sickening aspect of the justice system here is the inability, due to money or prison capacity, to prosecute gun crimes as they are already on the books in Chicago. While our legislators seem to save political face by piling on more municipal gun ordinances, there seems to be a disconnect in even attempting to prosecute career criminals with a laundry list of felonious gun charges. I'm sure paying the piper is all it takes (there is a serious amount of ineptitude in the wealthy class here) and it's obvious to anyone that facts and statistics answer to no one. Police Chief McCarthy was in the Tribune this week voicing his opinion after the Navy Yard shooting saying we need more "reasonable" gun control to the tune of federal and fingerprinted registration. We know this doesn't work. We've seen that every law has been ineffective here. We aren't so stupid (these days) to believe that had the citizens been armed at any of these shootings, the outcome could have somehow been worse.

The winds are blowing another way these days. This is good. Our leaders here are panicking. I assure you that changes are coming soon. Not just in policy, but in leadership as well.

Page generated in 0.02729 seconds with 8 queries