View Single Post
Old November 18, 2012, 11:33 AM   #3
hermanpj

Yeah i hear you about having reservations about putting holes in the stock. What I am thinking about is if I do go that route, I will seat stainless steel threaded inserts in the stock - the kind that are designed be put into wood, for example for the assembly of furniture. Then if I were to remvoe the cheek piece what I'd see is two stainless steel inserts. This would not look original obviously, but on the other hand, obviously this is a customization. As long as it looks professional I'm happy.

With any luck though I won't have to go that route - I'll be able to get the cheek piece profiled down enough so the leather piece will lace around it, holding it on with clamping pressure. the trick is to keep enough of the cheek piece height that it still raises the comb adequately.

will post pics as I trial and error this.

thinking also of just making a very simple piece that sits on top of the comb of the stock - just a spacer. will evaluate this against the larger wooden piece.
NRA Member|Texas State Rifle Association Member| Texas Concealed Handgun License holder|Springfield M1A Loaded|Kimber Super Carry Pro .45 ACP|Weatherby SA 459 12 ga|Black Rain+Adams Arms Piston AR15|Beretta 92FS| CZ Dan Wesson ECO 9MM| Ruger 10/22

Page generated in 0.06647 seconds with 8 queries