View Single Post
Old August 2, 2011, 04:14 PM   #25
HKFan9

If you are not skilled/comfortable with your abilities to carry a gun in condition 1 than you should not be carrying a firearm at all. Buy mace, or a stun gun, or whatever else you will feel comfortable and confident with.

Like others have said.... if we were attacked and had to draw.... which I have had the misfortune to experience ... you are already on the defensive, disadvantaged side of things. You need to deploy your weapon system... quickly and smoothly, and with it READY to operate.

Even IF you were a trained martial artist with the fast dynamic movement capabilities in the world, and fastest draw time... I would STILL say it is necessary to carry condition 1, for the sole reason that administrative reloads exist. A LOT CAN GO WRONG WHEN TRYING TO RACK A ROUND INTO THE CHAMBER, SPECIALLY WHEN TRYING TO DO SO IN A HURRY UNDER EXTREME STRESS.

I don't care who you are, what kind of training you had, if you are attacked and draw a firearm that is not ready to operate... and have a mechanical or feeding issue when you try to rack that slide under stress with tunnel vision and a lot of other factors working against you.... you will more than likely end up dead.

Page generated in 0.03190 seconds with 8 queries