View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 08:22 PM   #1
WillyKern69

Is this really a RARE 1903 Colt?

Ran across this description on GB......

"Rare Limited production only 31,000 Pocket Colt 1903 Model "Automatic 38 Calibre". Made in 1911 Serial number 29xxx. Marked on right side of slide AUTOMATIC COLT CALBRE 38 RIMLESS SMOKELESS. Marked on left side of slide COLT PATENT FIREARMS MFG. CO. Hartford Conn. U.S.A. Also on left side of slide PATENTED APR.2O,1897 SEPT 9, 1902. On left side on slide Rampant Colt in a circle. Marked on both sides of grips COLT with a Rampant Colt in a circle. Barrel is 4 1/2" long with overall length of gun 7 1/2". Black checkered grips which are in great shape with no cracks. From my research I found these were very popular with gansters because of small size vs. power and no safty. Gun works good in half cocked and full cocked positions. Good rifled bore. Gun seems to be all original blue and complete. Would make a great gun for any collection. Kind of a rare model to find."

I love the old Colts, but 31,000 is considered rare? Is it rare because caliber is spelled in old English "Calibre"? I have a few of these old Colts, and I feel this is a little misleading? Am I wrong? What do you think?

Thanks,

WK

Page generated in 0.03166 seconds with 8 queries