Thread: Benelli HK
View Single Post
Old May 8, 1999, 10:42 PM   #7
RCH

The Benelli Super90 M3 had been listed/ shown in the HK law enforcement catalog for 4-5 years. I purchased mine (with the "evil" pistol grip, extended magazine, and ghost ring sights) in 1997. A lot of fun to shoot and gets alot of attention on the range. Has to be the Ferarri of shotguns! It is a great semiauto and is more practical then a SPAS-12 (bulky, heavy, akward beast). Some people mistakenly believe that it can be regularly used either as a pump or a semi. Benelli literature states that it's primary role is a semi-auto shotgun. The pump action was incorporated to handle low impluse rounds- rubber buckshot, teargas, etc...that would not cycle the semi-auto action reliably. I shoot the "tactical" 00 buckshot rounds out of mine with no malfunctions in the semi-auto mode.

www.securityarms.com has some photos of the M1 and M3 variants. Some of the photos are mislabled/switched. Look closely at the forearm- the M3 has the forearm that is similiar to a pump shotgun.

I am sad to see that HK no longer imports the Benelli line. The new shotguns imported by HK looks rather cheesey! Anyone tested these guns?

[This message has been edited by RCH (edited May 08, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 8 queries