View Single Post
Old June 28, 2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Theohazard

Thanks for the points brought up.

I did shoot the pistol to slide lock; I left it behind because it was completely empty. I like the advice about pointing it toward the threats as I move toward the rifle; it sure can't hurt and it might keep some from advancing.

As far as fixing that initial Type 1 malfunction; I tend to use overhand most of the time; I didn't there because my arms were already extended in my stance and I knew right away that I had forgotten to chamber a round. Good point about consistency though.

I tend to slap the mags home because I've found that on some older mags push-pull doesn't always provide enough force for me, especially if you're loading a full mag on a closed bolt (I always down-load my mags by two because of this, but what if I'm using someone else's mags?). The Marine Corps taught me push-pull, but I've got in the (perhaps bad) habit of slapping them in the years since; I'll start practicing with push-pull again and see how that works for me.

As far as not relying on support; support was there so I used it. At the first position with the rifle, the best way to engage the targets accurately while staying behind cover was to use the support for the rifle. At the second rifle position, there wasn't any good support so I went to the kneeling position behind the barrier. Though I should have fully finished the reload before popping out from behind cover and I could have engaged the first targets on the right from a position that left me less exposed.

Thanks for all the comments!

Page generated in 0.03708 seconds with 8 queries