View Single Post
Old July 27, 2011, 06:54 AM   #95
Chainman

Have 2yo and 12yo girls myself. The 12yo is quite a shooter...

Anyways, I know where you are coming from and agree. I would have probably reacted differently to insure he didn't carry out his threats, and wanted to point out the following.

There is a 3yo little girl being threatened here as well. If you go down (even just knocked out)...what happens to her...no one is left to stop the BG.

I am glad that things ended the way they did, but honestly once he began to advance on me issuing threats, with my 2yo daughter present i would have stopped the threat.

I believe you can use deadly force to stop the threat if you reasonably believe death or serious bodily harm is going to come to you or OTHERS. My daughter does not have a chance if I get removed from action.

The threats that were made toward YOU, in my opinion were made to you and YOUR 3YO daughter as you had to put her behind you to defend her.

That's the part that really upsets me...just something to think about.

Good job and glad everyone came out of it safely...so your actions proved successful (ignore all of us armchair quarterbacks)....just providing something to think about for others should they have the same happen.

Page generated in 0.02087 seconds with 8 queries