View Single Post
Old January 27, 2005, 08:47 PM   #25
Edward429451

Quote:
how often do you find yourself coming home guns a blazing? the answer is never so the .22 would be more than enough in my book
Do you only buy minimum coverage insurance policies knowing that you'll probably never need it? I don't. I buy policies for the worstcase scenarios (within reason). You're probably right, don't get me wrong but nowadays if something happens...more & more its over the top with multiple bg's, armor sometimes and a wide array of modern weaponry. I think that makes a 223 a compromise of sorts in my book.

I got caught with my pants down once with a 22. My new 10/22 took it up small gaming with no other guns and one 10 rnd mag to try it out. Almost never see anything besides deer & rabbits, so why lug more steel than necessary? I was standing still waiting for a squirrel to show himself and about 20 mins went by, I knew he was there and wanted to bag him so stood still. Suddenly a twig snapped and I pivoted my head to see three mtn lions at 20 ft. A momma and two yearlings. We scared each other and she let out a scream that left quite the impression on me. I never felt so undergunned in my life. Scared the pee out of me and I haven't made the same mistake again.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries