View Single Post
Old November 17, 2008, 11:27 PM   #7
Teuthis

Some of it smacks of the paranoia that I associate with the people who make their living trying to make us paranoid. One cannot "always carry". There are places that one cannot legally carry. So they contradict themselves between commandment one and five. There are times and places when and where carrying a weapon just is not necessary. Our world is not as dangerous as these fear-mongers would have us believe.

An who are these "experts?" I consider myself an expert of a sort, and I think that telling someone that the only handgun they might be able to afford, is a useless piece of junk, is hardly "expert" advice. They should be telling the "poor fool" with a .22 revolver how to make it work for self defense. Much of this stuff is from "gunwriter mentality", meant to sell guns and schools to make us "experts". And of course they market their money-making schools in this "ten commandments". Humbug!

The rest is common sense that is taught in virtually any concealed carry course. My philosophy of these matters is, that if there's a buck to be made, don't buy in too deep with those people.

Last edited by Teuthis; November 17, 2008 at 11:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.03490 seconds with 8 queries