View Single Post
Old May 16, 2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Killa Lawnchair

Help with FNAR .308 reloading. I'm stumped.

Recently I attempted to begin reloading for my FNAR. I measured OAL, powder, etc. and made a few rounds then loaded them into the mag and ensured they chambered properly. I cranked out about a hundred and to the range I went. When I got there nothing but issues followed. If the rounds actually chambered they fired, extracted and ejected no problem. But most of the rounds would fail to chambered and jammed to the point where with all my strength On the charging handle I couldn't get em out. I resorted to "other" methods and tried again. Same issue. Some even pushed the bullet back into the case and spewed powered everywhere. I stopped and stared. A guy at the Range who also reloaded did me the favor of remeasuring my OAL and got about .090 shorted than I did. Yikes. Ok I measured the OAL wrong. So I went back remeasuring numerous times and still got the same difference. I went ahead and tried his measurements because, well judging by his age I'm sure he had a lifetimes more worth of experience than me. I set the bullets in farther and tried to cycle a couple. Same issues. Seemed to have a better rate of succes but still. I'm lost. I've separated working rounds from non and measured every possible thing and found almost no differences. I'm completely stumped. I've inspected the weapon over and over and everything looks ok to me. My only thought is since the FNAR is supposed to be this super accurate reach out and touch weapon that simple its tolerances for ammo are strict but I can't say. This is the only weapon of mine that would be that strict so it's a thought. I'm just looking for any ideas that might solve those problem. I'd really like to clean up my reloading room of all the .308 that's thrown everywhere outta frustration and Take it all to the range and send it downrange range. Any help would be appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03164 seconds with 8 queries