View Single Post
Old February 22, 2000, 09:46 AM   #48
Skorzeny

Mr. Suarez:

Thank you for your very reasonable and logical response. I certainly applaud the officer in question for utilizing his knife effectively and saving himself from trouble.

I certainly carry a pocket knife myself (a Gerber E-Z Out, though I always meant to get a Spyderco) and fully intend to put it to good use if deadly force is being used against me. I may not have made it clear, but I would certainly rather use my knife (and on my feet) than be grappling (like I've said before repeatedly, grappling is the "last ditch" thing). Of course, what I would "like" and what actually happens in a fight are two different things (if I had "my way," a fight would not have started in the first place, I guess, and even then I'd rather end a fight quickly with an elbow or two and a knee or two).

If you are not too uncomfortable dropping names, may I ask who the Gracie family member you know personally is?

BTW: thanks for carrying out this dialog with me. It's been fun, to say the least.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Page generated in 0.02611 seconds with 8 queries