View Single Post
Old September 15, 2009, 09:38 PM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Junior's 870 Express Super Mag...

Well he bought this LIKE NEW gun from our ONE local pawn shop for $217 OTD including tax and BG check IIRC...
He fired a shot today and then mentioned he may have a MB plug in as it only held 2 in the tube. He asked pops to pull it out. He was off to gamble the rest of his money shooting pool. I told him when he was home we would do it together but I was fondling it and decided to do it... I opened up the mag tube and immediately got the whiff of factory preservative so I decided am "as new" cleaning was in order... I don't know how many rounds it takes to show wear marks this had NONE, it only had one scratch on the barrel. I am curious if the finish is real Parkerize or just a dull, thick textured paint. Any marks on the action bars are from me running 100 +/- cycles in super fast order trying to seat the stuff as it was fairly stiff... I will say that the inside of the receiver and the "bolt slide" are rougher by far than a Maverick 88 and I intend to assist Junior as HE takes some fine sand paper to both to make properly smooth...
So without further ado...

Told ya'll it is just a generic like new gun in dire need of the well deserved wear marks!
Brent

Page generated in 0.03062 seconds with 8 queries