View Single Post
Old November 30, 2005, 07:29 PM   #17
Dwight55

Ehh, there British Soldier, . . . gotta remember that them revolvers are just great for turning around and nailing up wanted posters, . . . and in a pinch, you can use that .45 Colt to re-set the nails in a loose horse shoe.

Beyond that, . . . make mine 1911 in .45 ACP flavor, 8 in the mag, one in the tube, 2 spare 8 rd mags on the belt or in the pocket, . . . cocked & locked.

My 1911 is every bit as reliable as any wheel gun (more reliable than some I know of) and anyone who starts out with the "racking the slide", or "compressed springs" arguments, . . . need to take some simple classes in firearms.

Yes, . . . most people who don't care about their abilities, . . . will be better off with a revolver. But for those who are willing to take some time to become more familiar with their firearm, . . . do a little practice, . . . spend some time on the range, . . . maybe do a little IDPA shooting, . . . the auto is by far the superior handgun.

Reloading a wheelgun with one hand is a no win situation, . . . with a 1911, it is a snap: thumb drops out empty mag, . . . place new mag between knees, between feet, in the front edge of a shallow drawer, wherever, . . . and get the grip over top of it. Slide the hand down so it is holding the mag and the grip, push down on any hard surface, . . . re-grip the weapon and punch the slide release, . . . voila, . . . reloaded. The beauty of the auto is it also allows you to do a tactical reload if you get the opportunity to do so.

Wheelguns do have their place, . . . but with the advances made by HK, Glock, Springfield, Sig, and a host of others, . . . wheelguns' real place may just be up on the mantle, in the hunting arena, in CAS and SASS, and in the history books.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.02908 seconds with 8 queries