View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Alabama Shooter

Lasers in Hostage Situations

Last night while sitting on my back porch I hear a fox attacking a chicken in the chicken house. The chicken house has a run that goes outside the barn. I just happen to have on hand my Kimber TLE/ RL II. The Kimber has a .22 upper on it and a three point laser on the rail underneath. It is fully loaded with 37 gr hollow points.

In my slippers I run to the edge of my deck which is about 110' from the chicken run. In the flood lights I can just make out the eyes and ears of the galluscidal fox standing next to a chicken. I lay the laser between the eyes and squeeze off a couple of rounds. The head disappears.

I go back inside and get my boots on to deal with the mud and check out the coop. The fox had pried away some sheet metal to get into the coop but is no where to be seen. The chicken has a fair bit of fox blood on it but it otherwise fine, no damage even from the fox. The fox is no where to be seen, although there is a blood trail leading into the woods.

110' in a misty night with a handgun and the hostage is uninjured. Given I have lost seven chickens in the last six months I am calling that a win.

Say what you will about lasers but in the right cirucmstances they work well.

Page generated in 0.02158 seconds with 8 queries