View Single Post
Old August 10, 2001, 11:04 AM   #14
Alleycat

I thought I'd bump this back up with a story:

I've been after my wife to wear her shooting glasses every time she shoots trap--she hates 'em becuase she has a little nose and prominent cheekbones and therefore every brand we've tried rides on her cheeks and fogs up. Her prescription glasses work, though, so she's foregoing contacts for trap night and wearing those.

Last night she started giving me flak for wearing my prescription lenses after the sun went down. I have a pair of Bolle Parole glasses with the prescription insert that I wear for everything else because they have better (read, "some") side coverage than my prescriptions, and they have multiple lenses, including clear. Her logic was that if I had 'em I should wear 'em, especially if it was so important to me that she wear hers.

So I did. And, as so often happens, she was right.

Last night, playing Annie Oakley, the first shooter in line shot at a low, distant bird...and got the trap house. AS the last shooter in line, I was in the perfect spot to take the reflected shot as it came off the house. I got multiple hits in the legs, torso, and the side of my face, several of which hit the glasses. Not much energy, just a sting, and no blood---but I'm sure glad they got me in the glassses and not my EYE! The wrap of the lenses saved me.

I'm converted. Safety glasses every time for me!

Steve

Page generated in 0.03434 seconds with 8 queries