View Single Post
Old October 13, 2002, 10:25 PM   #14
Shmackey

I've owned multiple knives from probably every production company there is. I know a heck of a lot more about knives than I know about most other things.

So. Spyderco makes better knives than CRKT. Yes, that's a blanket statement but it's true almost across the board--unless you compare Spydie's price-point models to CRKT's top-notch (so to speak) models. Then there is still the fact that Spyderco has the best customer service of any company anywhere.

CRKT knives have their place--I still have a Point Guard in my car somewhere for breaking down recycled cardboard and whatnot. I don't care what happens to it. I sold my other CRKTs. It takes a lot to get a linerlock folder right; take that for what it's worth.

Those folks are right about Benchmade being very good too--specifically the ones with an Axis lock. The Benchmade 710 is probably the single best production folder available unless you want to spend $400.
"Kid, watch out for the 'conservative' who decries big government and then tells you what you can put in your body, when you should pray, and where you can put your johnson. And kid, follow the money."

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 8 queries