Thread: New CHL!
View Single Post
Old April 29, 2014, 03:18 PM   #15
NavyVet1959

Scrubs are probably the biggest issue. They don't have a substantial waistband or a belt to hang a proper holster onto. Your only choice with that is some sort of fanny pack or such. If your scrubs have no place for a wallet or cell phone, a fanny pack solves that problem also. Here in Texas, if we see someone carrying a fanny pack (especially a black leather one), we automatically assume that they are carrying a weapon. I was visiting some friends in northern CA a few months back and noticed that a lot of people carry fanny packs, but of course they are not CCWing. I've found that a non-CCW fanny pack (in some other color than black) is better in that it does not just broadcast "I'm carrying a weapon". Although I prefer to carry OWB with a concealment vest or shirt, I will carry in a fanny pack for certain situations (e.g. when riding one of my motorcycles or if the weather is too hot for a cover garment).
When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...
https://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959

Page generated in 0.03668 seconds with 8 queries