Thread: Combat Shotgun
View Single Post
Old June 7, 1999, 09:35 AM   #13
Pete

This weekend I again successfully defended myself against a marauding army of cardboard boxes with my Mossberg 500. A few more questions:

1. I was using Federal 00 magnum buck. This was all I could find in the local sporting good store. Will using Federal Tactical or Winchester Low Recoil or #1 buck reduce recoil significantly? Where can I find this type of ammo online?

2. Does having the gun modified by Vang Comp reduce recoil as well?

3. I live in an apartment building with very thin walls and friends all around. For home defense, would #7 1/2 or #8 birdshot be effective at all or would it have virtually no stopping power?

4. Putting the pistol grip on the gun obviously reduces the length to a little bit over 18". In a combat situation, would it be wise to carry the shotgun as a backup gun, since I don't have a pistol? Or would this be ridiculously cumbersome/unnecessary? Assume my primary weapon to be the AR!5.
Is there any suggested way to carry the gun like this assuming that I would not be using a sling of any type for the AR.

Thank you. I appreciate everybody's responses. They are very interesting to read/learn from.

Page generated in 0.03431 seconds with 8 queries