Thread: Shotgun Golf!
View Single Post
Old April 5, 2015, 11:19 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Shotgun Golf!

I thought I posted this a few days ago, but I can't find the thread so I think I forgot to hit post or something. If it is a duplicate sorry.I read this article some time ago and was intrigued. My wife started shooting about a year ago and she just signed up for a group golf lesson. Got me thinking, and now I just ordered 300 waterlogged golf balls from some company on the internet. $39.99 and $6 shipping, which I thought was pretty reasonable.

I don't have anywhere to shoot them though. I would be VERY surprised if any shotgun ranges allowed me to shoot them. I think I need to dig up a farm I can shoot at. May not be too difficult when I explain what I am interested in. It seems 300 yards is the max. I was hit with #6 at approximately 150 yards once. It wasn't pleasant, but not visible marks were left. I was wearing eye protection.

Thoughts on safety of shooting hard golfballs? I know people shoot bowling pins also, but I have not. I'm the guy who actually inspects the back stop for any sizeable rocks.

Page generated in 0.03505 seconds with 8 queries