View Single Post
Old February 7, 2014, 10:45 AM   #31
Bart B.

Quote:
IMHO, THE budget build do-all hunting/precision medium range target rifle is the Remington 700 AAC-SD (.308). By medium range, I mean from about 400 to 1000. This rifle has a crappy $60 stock that needs to be replaced, but it will still hold 1.5 MOA in factory trim. The barrel is faster twist, it has a removable box mag, has a decent adjustable trigger, and it has a threaded barrel. You can add a comp or a suppressor. Adding a decent $200 stock, you will be at about $800 to $900 and cut group sizes in half at least. Add a decent scope (I prefer the Burris lines) and you actually have a rig that is good for all lower 48 game, can shoot 1MOA (or better) out to 1000. . .
I don't think so if you mean that's the worst it'll shoot with hunting bullets and a detachable box magazine. But perhaps one out of several dozen 3-shot groups may well do that. The others will go up to the 2 and 3 MOA range.

And the .223 cartridge is not popular with folks wanting best accuracy at long range. The top long range military team (and others, too) scrapped that round in favor of .308 Win ammo as the .223's average scores over the years have not been as good as the 30 caliber ones produced.

Page generated in 0.02321 seconds with 8 queries