View Single Post
Old March 8, 2013, 01:31 PM   #22
Skans

Quote:
Chances are good everyone's eyes were downrange when he fired the shot that killed himself and no one actually saw it happen. This is just good police work. It removes any possibility of someone later saying that it was murder, or an accidental shooting by someone else in the range. If there is ever ANY doubt about what happened there will be lawsuits later. Personally I'd want them to take my guns and do a ballistic test to elminate me as a possible suspect later. It also protects the owners of the range from liability claims.
I respectfully disagree. Some guy kills himself, and the police think they have the right to deprive EVERYONE near him at a gun range of their personal property - WITHOUT DUE PROCESS, and WITHOUT REASONABLE SUSPICION of any wrong doing on those deprived of their firearms. This isn't "good police work". This is 100% wrong!

BTW, the first line of the news article reads: "No foul play is suspected in the death of a man found with a gunshot wound at a shooting range in Swisher on Sunday evening, Johnson County investigators announced Monday morning."

Page generated in 0.03099 seconds with 8 queries