Thread: 8x50R Austrian
View Single Post
Old December 26, 2011, 04:27 PM   #5
johnm1

Nick,

Keep in mind that I am a long time pistol reloader but only started reloading for rifles this year. There were stories of handloaded half jacket pistol bullets that were mis-loaded with enough momentum to eject the lead but leave the jacket in the barrel for future diaster. I never said my fears/concerns were valid, only that I had them. What concerns me most about this project is there isn't a lot of published data for either chambering. I am comfortable working within the ranges of published data. Working up from scratch is another story though.

That bullet sounds interesting. With as much as I have going on I really don't have any desire to start casting my own lead bullets. Maybe I could purchase the mold for one of the local bullet casters and have him cast them for me. I'll call the manufacturer after my chamber cast is made. And it looks like I'll be doing that myself. My gunsmith is good but I was given an estimate of a month to do a chamber cast. I Have one other source that could do it for me but I am not hopeful.

Thanks.

Page generated in 0.02284 seconds with 8 queries