View Single Post
Old July 6, 2008, 03:35 PM   #28
RsqVet

Folks there is no "best" gun; just millions of folks looking for validation of themselves and their choices by means of association.

For me I'm fine with a 1911, I have read and researched and don't see the likely need for more than what I am carrying. At times I'm also fine with nothing or with a seecamp.

For the street cop who wants more rounds who am I to argue? Bad crud happens to those who go into harm's way. Heck let them sling theri carbines if they want.

For the commando type... whatever they want it's a secondary weapon anyway and they are with a few other guys so there is plenty of firepower to draw on. Besides they may have 4 - 6 x mag tucked away somewhere and can reload quicker then quick.

Heck for that matter anyone here want to take on Jerry Mickulek? You could have a Mp5 and a fair bit of skill and he might still cream you with a 45 acp REVOLVER!

As to the trigger control argument that applies mostly to folks who are in LE or civilians who may find themselves in a "stand off situation" with a suspect or agressor. EVEN there it's largley over-rated as no one worries much about the trigger pull or stroke on duty shotguns, patrol carbines or anything like that yet it gets made into a big deal to sell this gun over that one when it comes to duty pistols. When it comes to the spec ops types they get more trigger time in a month than many cops will get in a career so it's a non-issue.

Page generated in 0.02213 seconds with 8 queries