View Single Post
Old December 29, 2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Blacktail_Slayer

My New & Old. Mossbergs

I have had this old Mossberg 500 pump 12 gauge for about a year and a half. I found it dirt cheap at a pawn shop, rusted froze, took it apart every little spring and lever and WD40 and steel wool got it going again. It took my first deer (last year) and a huge buck this here along with many grouse and duck. I do a great deal of deer hunting in areas that ceterfire rifles are not allowd. When the family asked what I wanted for my birthday I said a cantilever slug barrel for that old 500. Low and behold my birthday comes around and I open up this brand new Mossberg 535 Slugger. I was speechless, an outstanding gift from everyone considering the tough times we are in. I instantly figured on putting a scope on it and such. Here I finally got it, well kinda. I need new rings, these are cheap ones with a couple stripped threads (came free with a scope I got years ago) and I dont trust it with the recoil of this thing. I also figure on getting a comb riser and a sling before Im done with it.
The old 500 will still be my small game gun till I can afford to get a 935 in Advantage camo, long ways off, haha. I will never forget that old beat up gun, and never get rid of it unless I have to. In my relm of deer hunting though, its time to pass the torch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh.JPG (206.5 KB, 84 views)

Page generated in 0.03835 seconds with 9 queries