View Single Post
Old November 6, 2009, 09:46 AM   #4
F. Guffey

I would discourage the use of gasoline for anything but an internal combustion engine from an approved gas tank. Again, new rifle, new R-P ammo, of the 20, 5 did not fire even though two attempts were made in the new rifle and another attempt was made in another rifle at the range, a friend at the range called me, I suggested the rifle maneuver and R-P be notified, seems more mileage could be had if all involved blamed R-P ammo. My friend came over with all 20 cases, magnificent 1st fired cases, the 5 that did not fire were taken apart including primer removal, weighed, measured and compared, very little difference between fired and unfired cases when checked in a chamber gage.

I seated the primers back into the unfired cases, chambered the primer only cases in a P/M 1914/17 Enfield and fired all 5 one after the other. The primers were struck at least 4 times each, removed and seated again then fired, when the cases were removed from the Enfield the primers were flush with the head of the case, so much for the firing pin driving the case forward and the case outrunning the firing pin, the stripped down case, without powder/bullet should have been able to accelerate faster without the weight, if that is what happens. I suggested calling the man with the new rifle/ammo problem, no contact information, I do believe all 20 rounds of R-P would have fired the first time in the X-military M/P 14/1917 Enfield, we will never know, the primers, if available, would work in a Lee auto hand primer, unless they are Federal.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02600 seconds with 8 queries