View Single Post
Old December 26, 2010, 09:01 AM   #12
Bigdog57

I find my Nagant to be an excellent plinker - cast bullet loads work very well with steel spinner targets.
Reloading is extremely easy, if one gets past the need for the 'gas sealing' bit. (getting that funky crimp can be an exercise in frustration!) I use .32-20 brass and the Lee die set for the Nagant, and simply load as for any other revolver cartridge, bullet seated to just short enough for cylinder rotation. The lead bullets are widely availble too. Uses fairly little powder, so is very economical to load, and with power so low, the brass should last through many loading cycles.
During the recent ammo shortages, I found my Nagant cheaper to shoot than the rimfires. Makes a nice 'conversation piece' at the range too! Folks get real curious about the 'oldtimey gun' I am shooting.
I shoot mine pretty much SA all the time - the trigger pull isn't bad. With some practice, I can hold it steady enough for decent groups on DA, but it's a bit twitchy. My trigger pull gauge doesn't go high enough to measure the DA pull!

Page generated in 0.03918 seconds with 8 queries