View Single Post
Old May 18, 2010, 11:04 PM   #15
Maromero

Under Terry vs. Ohio the officer only needs a reasonable suspicion to intervene with a subject. There is no need to establish probable cause. The reasonable suspicion legal standard does not equate to a mere hunch but is right there with "...In my expirience Judge..." The legal standard for a Terry stop is ridiculous. To top it off, an officer can do the stop and conduct a patdown for weapons if he fears for his safety during a stop. Do you have any idea how easily an officer can establish that in a courtroom?

Wether the facts are enougth to warrant a Terry stop, not in theory. The officer would do a patdown and find everything in order. It would be up to the officer to file a charge or not. Although there is no criminal penalty, it is an infraction that may interfere with your cc permit renovation. If the subject is nice to the officer, an "my appologies officer. I became distracted and complitedly forgot to inform you of my cc permit. As you can see, everything is in order" should let you go with a warning.

Page generated in 0.03705 seconds with 8 queries