Thread: M&P Owners!
View Single Post
Old January 26, 2008, 06:48 PM   #24
bobn1955

I've had my M&P 9 for a few weeks, put something like 800 - 1000 rounds of WWB and 60 rounds of Speer 115gr Gold Dot HP through with no FTFs or FTEs. Only thing that even looked like a malfunction was one single failure to lock back on an empty mag, but it was on a very limp-wristed (unexpected, but still down-range) shot.

Otherwise no issues, 2-handed, strong or weak handed.

I think I've got a good gun here. Of course, the design is only 2 years old and the gun is only a few months old....

The changeable grips are great. 3 sizes to chose from, even my tiny hands fit well.

For $50 bucks more than the basic I got Trijicons factory installed - a real nice option.

Currently, mail in for $50 rebate and 2 free mags. May end soon, though.

That said, there are reports at mp-pistol.com of various issues.

I think Todd's point is that these days, almost any manufacturer can ship a less-than-perfect gun. The designs aren't frozen in time for us (like they are for the military), and price competition causes changes as time goes by and takes it's toll on QC. So with any gun, you'll really have to qualify that individual weapon. Not to say that a long reliable track record is meaningless, (I still lust after a Glock's record, but the handle feels awkward to me), but maybe not as meaningful as we'd like to believe.

Page generated in 0.02614 seconds with 8 queries