View Single Post
Old January 9, 2008, 06:25 AM   #21
Curtis(USAF)

Vests are a waste of finite resources (IE, Money). I wouldn't fool with them. I have a hard enough time carrying my concealed carry pistol, what makes you think the average concerned citizen will don a vest? It will wind up being left at home, probably stuck in a closet corner.

The best defensive bet besides firearms, is a good safe room, probably your bedroom. A nice heavy door with a deadbolt. Strike plates that have been solidly anchored with at least 2 inch screws (Next time your home, pull the screws from your bedroom doors' strike plate, I bet dollars to donuts, that they're quarter to half inch screws. If anyone kicks your door, those screws will fail, and your door will be compromised. Rip those suckers out and replace them with longer screws.) A phone or cellphone in said room, (To call the cops with,) and some decent artillery waiting in close proximity.

Pepper spray... that might make a nice addition in areas where placing a gun may put within reach of small children, (a childs' room, favorite play room. Etc) Of course, once the kids grow up enough to know how to properly respect guns, that pepper spray would be replaced by fire arms.

Finally, you back this up with good perimeter and in depth security. Check your exterior doors and door frames, your locks, windows, exterior lighting and cover, (Don't give the bad guys any extra cover or concealment for when thier trying to sneak up.) and outbuildings. (Life ain't going to be easy if they can break into your shed and get their paws on B&E goodies like ladders, powertools, etc and so forth.)

Page generated in 0.03078 seconds with 8 queries