Thread: Silence
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2013, 04:40 PM   #22
Edward429451

Quote:
What can potentially get you in more trouble (whether they can use it against you or not is irrelevant) is to clam up every time you have an encounter with the police. They'll find a way to get their reasonable suspicion, to investigate further, because bad guys clam up with police. Good guys cooperate, and answer questions.

Bottom line, if you're mature/responsible enough to carry a gun, then you should be mature/responsible enough to get proper training in ALL aspects (before the fight, during the fight, after the fight) and know how to handle yourself in those situation. If you have to clam up every time you confront a cop because you're afraid of saying something stupid, I question your responsibility/maturity of being able to carry.
That might be reaching just a little bit. May I suggest a happy medium between Frank's and the OP's post? Rather than totally clam up, cooperate to a reasonable extent, but consider that in this situation, one may under a whole lot of stress and go rattling off at the mouth from the adreneline, and everything you say can and WILL be used against you. With the political climate what it is towards guns nowadays, they may want convict you to make you an example to discourage such practice among others and further blacken us gun owners image.

So talk but not too much. If you find yourself rattled, display your willingness to cooperate yet dodge probing questions by statements such as Oh my God, I don't believe that he actually forced me to shoot him! I am so upset, I never thought this would happen to me!!And so forth. This may derail some of trick questions designed to get you to incriminate yourself.

Page generated in 0.02380 seconds with 8 queries