View Single Post
Old August 20, 2012, 09:46 AM   #5
oneounceload

#25 bushing does not tell me the charge weight - hopefully, you are using a scale to verify the load. ADDED: - the chart shows a 25 dropping about 13.9 which is about 3 grains below the normal for a 1200 fps target load. If you want to reduce recoil, start by lowering your layload to 7/8 or even 3/4 oz shot. How far away are the targets that you shoot in CAS? I am reloading a 12 gauge load with a 28 gauge load of shot - 3/4, using 18 grains of Red Dot - like shooting a 22 - AND it saves me a LOT of money - a little more powder is cheaper than shot. Comparing our loads, I get six free per box....

On an ideal crimp, the depth should be about the thickness of a nickel, perfectly round and uniform. AA hulls use an 8 point crimp starter.

AA hulls in 12 and 20 have recently fallen out of favor with most reloaders as Winchester's hulls can have varying height issues. This can result in bulges and other unwanted defects in finished rounds. Remington hulls are preferred - just something to consider as you move forward in reloading. In 28 and 410, however, it is reversed - the AA's are the hulls to use.

You can try adjusting the cam on the crimp starter to see if that helps. One other thing is to go www.shotgunworld.com and do searches for Curly No-hair threads on MEC tutorials - he should work for them as much as he has put into the pics and instructions on how to adjust anything, repair, and maintain them

Last edited by oneounceload; August 20, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03534 seconds with 8 queries