View Single Post
Old February 21, 2009, 04:50 PM   #17
stephen426

First of all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgirlie
Ah, I love devil's advocate.
Thank you. Right back at ya!

Devil's Advocate here again... (Remember... I am only pretending to be anti-gun and I am looking for good sound reasoning why guns should not be banned. Please remember that some of your friends and family members might be anti-gun. Being prepared for a good intellectual debate gives us a better chance at winning them over to our side. Using harsh, illogical, or demeaning come-backs will just reinforce their point of view)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgirlie
My hunting rifle has more stopping power than a .223 caliber AR. My little .22 rifle can kill somebody too. There isn't any firearm that is more "dangerous" than any other. It's like asking me out of the shoes I own, which are the best. Each has its own place. In a job interview/date I would want a pair of heels. For hauling my butt around town in the winter I prefer boots. On the beach flip flops are more appropriate. The same applies to guns. Not one of my guns is "more dangerous" than another. They each have their own applications though. I wouldn't use my .22 rifle to hunt deer, I would use my good old Winchester .308. To c.c. (if I could in WI) I would use a 1911. "Assault weapons" are no more or less dangerous than any guns I own.
Chemgirlie... How many rounds of ammunition does your hunting rifle allow? How many rounds does your typical assault rifle carry? How quickly can an assault rifle be reloaded compared to a hunting rifle? If Cho had used an assault rifle in Virginia Tech instead of two handguns, the death toll would have been astronomically higher. The combination of high capacity magazines and higher powered rounds (in comparison to handguns) is what makes assault rifles so deadly. How quickly can you fire your hunting rifle versus an assault rifle? While hunting rifle cartridges are designed for use on animals, assault rifles are designed for use on people. While almost any gun can be deadly, the power of an assault rifle is deadlier.

Page generated in 0.02261 seconds with 8 queries