View Single Post
Old December 30, 2012, 10:00 AM   #17
BGutzman

Which part of "Shall not be infringed" doesn't the OP understand? Preserving a right is not extremism... You don't do away with a freedom because it can be misused....

If a drunk driver kills someone we don't blame the car.... Why not? This is exactly to the letter what we do with guns! Not to mention so many things kill way more people than guns and yet we seem to have no uproar about it...

The Center for Disease control has a whole database of things more dangerous than guns and its posted on line and guns are part of the database... Heck 1/3 of what people claim is gun violence (roughly 11,000 deaths per year) are suicides..... They in general didn't kill someone else they just did in themselves and if you break it down by age most of these suicides are middle aged and very old men. People get sick, people get cancer, people get all kinds of horrible, painful terminal things and they decided not to live with it.

If believing in the 2A as written is extreme, than I am as extreme as you can get. I harm no one, I am a loyal and lawful citizen, even if I rail against our current atmosphere of security, security, take freedom and make all my life choices for me society. No sir, no disrespect, we have given way too much of our gun rights up.. I will spend as much of my disposable income as I can to fight every anti 2A law on the books and my voice will not be quieted. I will continue to take the uninitiated to the range and work to educate the fearful masses...

Someone please show me where in the Bill of Rights is says I can only use arms if they are locked in a safe or have trigger locks or the mags removed when I CCW or even the need to have a permit... It says "Shall not be infringed"

Of course we expect people to behave responsibly but do we have to legislate every possible thing? We have over 20,000 gun laws right now... when do we reach enough?

I mean no disrespect, Im sorry if my words are a bit harsh, but it is not aimed at you but your question in general but enough is enough... If we tried this crap with our other rights in similar way people would be marching on DC. We are already strangled by 20,000 plus anti gun laws..

Last edited by BGutzman; December 30, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.03550 seconds with 8 queries