View Single Post
Old October 7, 2009, 10:19 AM   #11
Uncle Malice

Quote:
But with that line of thought - you could rack the slide several hundred times over a couple of days while sitting in front of the TV and save the ammo cost. Seems less expensive to do...
I agree with that to an degree. It's true that this could help to an extent as well.. but you will NEVER generate the same amount of force and friction that firing a round does. SO do save some money... hand rack it a few hundred times.. then fire a hundred or two hundred rounds and see where it's at...

The guns that I hear of requiring the most break in period is 1911's... and that's because they are made to very tight specs. The metal is very close together. If it has a couple of malfunctions straight from the factory, that doesn't mean it's a bad gun or a lemon... it just needs to be smoothed out. I've seen many instances where Dan Wesson 1911's need to be broken in and then they work wonderfully. Does anyone think Dan Wesson makes crappy guns?? I sure don't.

I need a friend like Sturmgewehre who will sell me his guns at a discounted price after it has any kind of failure. lol.

This kind of stuff can be seen even in something as basic as a plastic Rubik's Cube. When you first take it out of the package it's dry and crummy to rotate. The rough plastic grinds together and makes it a chore to work with. Pop a few pieces out... pack a bit of Vaseline in to it... put it back together and work the cube over for a week or two. Once the Vaseline as lubed up all the axis' and the plastic has been smoothed out by the sides all running together it works like well tunes machine. I understand that an $8 Rubik's Cube is totally different than a $2K 1911... but the basic principle is still the same.

Cheers.

Page generated in 0.02738 seconds with 8 queries