View Single Post
Old October 11, 2013, 09:42 PM   #29

mjes92, glad to help, Buddy. As you can tell, I really like True Blue. I only load JHPs in 9mm, but one that I use pretty much as a target/plinker that isn't much of anything but an FMJ, has shot very well with True Blue. I also use it for cast loads in .45 ACP and short barrelled .357 Magnum loads. For high velocity and +P type 9mm loads, Silhouette is my go to powder along with 3N37, but that trend is now favoring Silhouette because it and 3N37 are similar enough that it's not really necessary to pay the 3N37 price. Availability really is the issue, but fortunately, I'm pretty well stocked on Silhouette. 3N37 is actually easier to find. One of the reasons I try to get the word out about Ramshot powders is in hopes that more reloaders will try them and distribution will improve. I'm not a great fan of ordering from the internet and paying Haz-Mat fees, but sometimes that's the only option for the Ramshot powders and I use all 4 of their handgun powders, ZIP, True Blue, Silhouette and Enforcer. X-Terminator and TAC for rifle loads. I have not used Competition that comes from St. Marks in Florida as Silhouette does. It's a shotgun propellant with a reputation for cleanliness in selected handgun loads like .45 ACP and Ramshot gives data for it for some SASS loads. I plan to try some of the other Ramshot Rifle powders like Big Game and Hunter.

Page generated in 0.03879 seconds with 8 queries