View Single Post
Old September 15, 2012, 01:34 AM   #11
oldandslow

Thanks for the input gentlemen, 9/15/12

I appreciate the insight about retiring. I actually like my work so I probably will pick up some part time work (hospital or clinic) to keep busy and meet people. My medical specialty, Internal Medicine, is usually in demand in most small towns. I've got to remember to talk more about health care and less about shooting and hunting.

As for political views I am pretty conservative. When I was reading the Wyoming papers during my travels I noted one article where it was said they had diffuculty finding enough Democrats to run for political office. Right then I had the thought "this is the state for me." I prefer small towns and simple living.

Kraigwy- I spent a fair bit of time in your neighborhood. I came into Newcastle from Wright, ate lunch and then drove up to Upton and over to Sundance and then up to Devil's Tower. Beautiful country and certainly looked like a nice place to retire to.

Wyoredman- I did hit up many of the areas you mentioned. One question- a lot of the central land area seemed to be part of the Wind River Indian Reservation. Is there still a lot of non-Indian public land centrally for shooting and hunting/hiking?

To those Wyoming residents- I really enjoyed your state and stopped in all the small restaurants and guns shops I could find. Thanks for the hospitality.

best wishes- oldandslow

Page generated in 0.03463 seconds with 8 queries