View Single Post
Old October 19, 2002, 11:45 AM   #4
Shoney

I have to agree that i had troubles with the priming system at first. I solved them by:
1.) filing the slide as others have stated,
2.) keeping spilled powder cleaned up immediately; and
3.) by insering a small dowel into the primer tube. It is marked at the point where the last primer is in the slide. This did two things, first I knew exactly when to reload the tube and second it puts a slight pressure on the primers so they feed more smoothly.

The Lee dies are a little short depending on the cartridge you are loading. I simply removed the lock nut on the die, then made the L-N-L bushing the lock system by drilling and tapping the bushing at the thick portion at the base and inserting an Allen head screw as a lock screw.

One last problem I had was with the adjustments of the timing system, which on my L-N-L came out of adjustment as I first started loading. After I slightly peened the adjustment screw threads and more importantly, read the manual on adjustments, the problems ended.

Shoney
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111

Page generated in 0.02353 seconds with 8 queries