View Single Post
Old November 6, 2009, 06:41 PM   #22
BigJimP

Like Zippy mentioned - the Rem 870 Wingmaster, the Browning BPS and the model 12 Winchester are probably considered the better pump guns on the market for clays and birds ( tactical is a different issue ).

Personally, I prefer the Browning BPS Hunter model with a 28" barrel / and I've had a 12 and 20ga for many years. I also like them as a training or as a first gun, for grandkids etc, because they are cast neutral (so a leftie has no disadvantage shooting them ), they eject out of the bottom so hulls land at your feet, the safety is on top of the tang and easy to get to ... They're easy to strip down / remove the bolt assembly, trigger group, etc ...

For the money, I don't think you'll find a better pump gun than the BPS Hunter models. In my area they're selling new for around $ 500 - and I see they list new on Browning's site for $ 599 / and they maintain their value extremely well. Although my primary guns are mostly O/U's - I still enjoy bringing the pump guns out once in a while for some Skeet or even Sporting Clays.

Page generated in 0.04763 seconds with 8 queries