View Single Post
Old April 19, 2011, 08:33 PM   #30
AK103K

Quote:
We carry concealed. We draw when we see a threat. This means that we have already had to acknowledge a threat just to be legal to pull much less fire. Unlike a LE officer who must take trouble head on.
I still dont see any meaningful difference. Trouble is trouble, and if you have to deal with it, then you have to deal with it.

The threat may not be initially visible, but still fairly obvious or apparent, and you dont have to see it to have your gun out. I'll err on the side of breaking "the rules" if I feel it warrants it. Better to be wrong and deal with that, than to be right and be behind the curve. Besides, you can still be discreet with the gun upholstered if you need to be.

Quote:
For the civilian its more Situational Awareness than a true shoot don't shoot target selection like cops do.
Call it what you want, you still may have one from column A or one from column B, or even the possibility of one or more of each, all at the same time. Decisions still have to be made as things move along. In reality, everyone there is a shoot/dont shoot target at some point, no matter what.

I think we're basically on the same page here, its just we "see" things differently. Your more focused on certain things, and Im looking at it in a broader sense. The goal is the same, win at all costs, and hopefully youve had some varied forethought, and can keep the "costs" to a minimum. Better yet, just make the other guy pay.

Page generated in 0.02475 seconds with 8 queries