View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013, 11:16 PM   #4
lamarw

I think for the wise shopper, there are still great deals to be found on some firearms. I just got the best deal I have ever scored on a new gun with a purchase of a Sig P220 (close to 1/2 off MSRP). Although, we know there has been a run on semi-auto rifles. Don't shop for a snow shovel when nature has just dropped a foot of snow.

Ammo is a different story since the shelves were basically cleaned to the bone on just about every semi-popular round/cartridge. This means ammmo producers have to refill 100% to every distributor and/or retailer. I suspect in normal times they were only having to resupply some much lower percentage of stockage. You might compare it to every service station selling every gallon of gas they have, and the refineries trying to catch up while there are lines of cars filling up as soon as it is delivered.

All of the above is just my personal view point and experience. Many of us saw it coming and took prudent measures to minimize the impact. I had orders placed for reloading supplies while it was still in stock or when backorders were accepted and later filled. Now, many suppliers are not accepting orders.

Page generated in 0.02111 seconds with 8 queries