View Single Post
Old July 2, 2011, 05:29 PM   #1
mdd

Killed my first coyote this morning

At least, the first one I've ever killed with a 22 LR. I got on the tractor & started working ground this morning about 5:30. Was there yesterday before sun-up too and had seen two coyotes meandering out through the stubble field. Even though it's big & loud, they don't pay any attention to the tractor because it moves slow and predictably for hours at a time. Took my 22 with me this morning and saw one about 6:45. Stopped the tractor and luckily he was on the side away from the door. Grabbed my rifle and climbed down the ladder then belly crawled under the tractor with a tire blocking his view of me. Peaked out from behind the tire and saw him running left across my field of view. Put the crosshairs on him then barked at him. He stopped and looked, I held a bit high, and sent one of those allegedly worthless remington bulk pack 36 grain garbage jhp's flying. Somehow it managed to hit him right in the head and dropped him....well, dropped him like he'd been shot in the head! He was a young one & I kind of felt bad for shooting him now knowing how easy he would have been to call and shoot in a few months.

Page generated in 0.03356 seconds with 8 queries