View Single Post
Old May 21, 2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Crosshair

For a plinking and practical rifle I would take the Mini for the following reasons.

1. Roller Delayed blowback action on the C-93 is hard on brass. Gas operation is far easier to tune using either an adjustable gas block or reduced gas bushings.
2. I don't like the placement of the charging handle on the C-93.
3. Mounting optics on the Mini is easier.
4. Many more options for accessories on the Mini.
5. Magazines are cheaper, more available and come in a variety of sizes. 20 round mags get in the way a lot less than 30's, but the 30's hold more ammo. Easy with a Mini to just buy both and use whichever size is appropriate at the time.
6. Far easier to clear malfunctions on the Mini with the Garand style action, even with optics installed. (Shooting some VERY rusty steel cased ammo I found that someone had forgotten at the range. My .223 AK choked on it too.)
7. Easier to field strip. Separating the Mini into the trigger group, action, and stock lets you do all the field cleaning you need to do (Unless something really weird happens.) with no small parts and is stupid easy to do.

Those are the reasons I could think of off the top of my head. There are probably others.

About the only reason I would buy a C-93 is for collectors purposes, which is a perfectly valid reason for wanting one.

Page generated in 0.02226 seconds with 8 queries