Thread: Help with IDPA
View Single Post
Old September 13, 2002, 07:19 AM   #7
braindead0

Quote:
be one of those that thinks "I need to practice before I go out there".
For some people this is entirely true. My wife loves the IDPA matches we ran in, but get's pretty high strung when the buzzer goes off (heck, I get amped too!). We've done 3 matches, and that helped identify many weak areas.

We are now practicing drills at a club range, which I believe will make the whole match experience much better. Neither of us has had any prior experience with moving and shooting, cover shooting, multiple targets..etc.

I think that getting together with a few people and practicing drills or COF's is a very good thing to do. It's also the only way I've found to track progress very well, as every time we go out we're shooting different COF's which do not lend themselves to being compared to others. So far my wife's figure-8 drill time has gone from 30seconds down to the high 12's. Took about 200rds of ammo, not bad.

As far as ammo, if you load your own it can be even cheaper. Of course we're both shooting .357 SSR class, and I've developed some loads that produce a bit over the power requirement cost about $5 per 100.

Good luck!

Page generated in 0.03450 seconds with 8 queries