View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 03:28 PM   #4
JD0x0

Quote:
I've always assumed that "it went off when I was cleaning it" is really "I was playing with it and had an ND," which people are too embarrassed to admit, as well they should be.
Pretty much. Who cleans a loaded gun anyway? Kind of hard to clean the bore and chamber with a loaded round it the way, eh? Kind of hard to clean the action/slide, etc. with the gun together and a round in the chamber, too.
Never understood the whole 'got shot in the head while cleaning their own gun' thing. You've got to be seriously negligent for that to happen. It's usually not like it's one little 'oopsie.' You have to be negligent enough to have the gun loaded, safety off, muzzle pointed towards your body, and then pull the trigger.

These idiots make responsible gun owners look like idiots, and it sickens me. This is why we can't have nice things, because the idiots screw it up and then G-Man thinks they need to add laws or take away guns, to fix it.

My friend's cousin recently shot himself in the head with a .22LR while playing with it in his house or 'cleaning' it. Everyone kept calling it an 'accident' I wanted to chime in and correct them, that it wasn't an accident it was negligence, and he was irresponsible with his firearm, which is why he's now brain dead in a coma, but thought it'd be in bad taste. It's sad when it happens, but you can't really blame anyone but yourself for mishandling a tool so grossly.
Cleaning a loaded gun is like cleaning a running chainsaw. They're both tools, and you need to take safety precautions while using and maintaining them.

Last edited by JD0x0; January 14, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.03359 seconds with 8 queries