View Single Post
Old November 7, 2008, 04:54 AM   #99
Brit

Good post at 2AM!

Nate45.

I have a legitimate excuse for being up in the O dark 30 hours (I am 73!) what's yours?

The one thing we must not forget in training people to shoot at people, the more information you attempt to pass on, solutions to a threat for instance, the KISS principle is paramount. Give a person three ways to react to a threat, you push the decision making mechanism of the brain into overdrive, quite often causing slow down, and in some cases that counter productive, in fact often fatal... FREEZE! to not react at all, as the brain spins out of control, looking for one of the many stored solutions in the memory bank.

Most of my students in my business were Revolver carrying individuals, so the training had to focus on the traditional use of that weapon, in the occupation the students worked in, IE History.

Punch draw, eye level, two hands, both eyes open, fire as hands stopped moving, or not fire, and challenge! "DON'T MOVE" Two shots as a first application, only 6 in the Revolver, plus two speed loaders on the belt.

Not much to remember, retained. And in the very few shootings, or gun pointing, and no shots fired incidents it worked 100%. Over 23 years.

Page generated in 0.02079 seconds with 8 queries